Dry ice blasting has become the preferred method to remove toxic residues, soot, and odors associated with fire damage. A fire can cause smoke damage and charring of wood, bricks, concrete and metal, not to mention the musty, burnt smell it leaves behind. Dry ice blasting removes soot and char on surfaces without causing damage to the substrate and reduces or removes unpleasant odors.

Dry ice blasting is capable of cleaning hard to reach locations around trusses, nails, wiring, and plumbing. These areas are commonly cleaned by sanding, scraping, wire brushing, or reconstruction. Not only will dry ice blasting provide a more thorough cleaning, it completes the job in half the time. This speeds up the time of occupancy and saves money!

Dry ice blasting is nonabrasive and does not contribute to secondary waste. Since dry ice sublimates on contact, the only cleanup is what is being removed from the surface. Other methods involving grit, liquids, or solvents require containment to avoid making a bigger mess. Dry ice blasting can restore surfaces to their original state without creating damage or pitting of the substrate. In addition, dry ice blasting kills mold and mildew, which may be present if moisture problems exist which is common following the attendance of the fire service that use large amounts of water to extinguish the fire.

Benefits include faster and more thorough cleaning, occupancy in a shorter timeframe, removal of odors, and elimination of mold and mildew concerns.